Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Africa - July 3 & July 4

Headed to Togo, Africa... Packed up 2 weeks of clothing and 2 huge bins of sporting equipment, met Rachel at SeaTac airport and the journey begins!
Seattle to Detroit was an easy flight. Rach and I watched a movie and made friendship bracelets for the youngsters in Africa.
We had to basically run through the airport to catch our next flight to Paris, France. This flight was not so grand. Put it this way...large man with a lot of crazy white hair sitting in front of me who magically had a chair that reclined basically into my lap...it was a long 8.5 hours. Our layover was very short in Paris, so we only got to venture around the airport.
The last leg of the race was from Paris to Lome and it was already a wake up call to me that I'm not in Washington anymore. I sat next to a gentleman who lives in Los Angeles now but recently just moved there from Togo. He enlightened me on how I am going to stick out like a sore thumb...Mr...tell me something I don't know. :). He told me to just take deep breaths while I'm there and soak in the country because its going to be rough. That's my plan as well as my biggest goal...making people smile (the universal language!) Oh yeah...happy belated 4th of July! I spent the entire day in a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment